Personal Data Protection Policy
Examples of such Personal Data you may provide to us include your name, NRIC, passport or other identification number, telephone numbers, mailing address, email address, network data and any other information relating to any individuals which you have provided us in any forms you may have submitted to us, or via other means of interaction with you.
Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
We generally do not collect your personal data unless (a) it is provided to us voluntarily by you or from your authorised representatives (i.e. persons whom you have authorised, persons who have been validly identified as being you or your authorised representative pursuant to our then-current collection procedures), from third parties, or from publicly available sources in the following ways:
1. when you submit forms relating to or purchase or use any of our products or services;
2. when you interact with our personnel, agents, sales representatives or customer service officers, including via telephone calls, SMS, mail, face-to-face meetings and emails;
3. when you respond to our queries or you request that we contact you or be included in an email or other mailing list;
4. when you respond to our surveys, promotions or other incentives;
5. when we receive references from business partners and third parties, for example, where you have been referred by them;
6. when you submit your Personal Data to us for any other reasons; and
7. when you use our mobile applications or our website.
If you provide us with any Personal Data relating to a third party (e.g. information of your spouse, children, parents, and/or employees), by submitting such information to us, you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to provide us with their Personal Data for the respective purposes.
We may collect and use your personal data for any or all of the following purposes:
a) performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and/or services requested by you;
b) verifying your identity;
c) responding to, handling, and processing queries, requests, applications, complaints, and feedback from you;
d) preventing, detecting and investigating crime and analysing and managing commercial risks;
e) providing media announcements and responses;
f) monitoring or recording phone calls and customer-facing interactions for quality assurance, employee training and performance evaluation and identity verification purposes;
g) organising promotional events;
h) managing your relationship with us; and
i) processing payment or credit transactions.
We may disclose your personal data:
a) where such disclosure is required for performing obligations in the course of or in connection with our provision of the goods and services requested by you; or
b) to third party service providers, agents and other organisations we have engaged to perform any of the functions with reference to the above mentioned purposes.
Where permitted under the law, Miuvo may also collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for the following “Additional Purposes”:
1. conducting market research and surveys to enable us to understand and determine customer preferences and demographics to develop special offers and marketing programmes in relation to our products and services, and to improve our service delivery and our customers’ experience at our touchpoints;
2. providing additional products and services and benefits to you, including promotions, loyalty and reward programmes;
3. data analytics and research;
4. leads generation and management for marketing our products or services;
5. administering contests, competitions and marketing campaigns, and personalising your experience at our authorised retailers or retail partners;
6. communicating to you advertisements involving details of our Products and Services, special offers and rewards, either to our customers generally, or which we have identified may be of interest to you (including but not limited to upselling, cross selling and online marketing);
7. organising promotional events;
8. purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid.
In relation to particular products and services or in your interactions with us, we may also have specifically notified you of other purposes for which we collect, use or disclose your Personal Data. If so, we will collect, use and disclose your Personal Data for these additional purposes as well, unless we have specifically notified you otherwise.
Withdrawing Your Consent
The consent that you provide for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data will remain valid until such time it is being withdrawn by you in writing.
You may withdraw your consent to any of the aforementioned purposes at any time by emailing us as follows:
Email address: email@example.com
Attention: Data Protection Officer
You may also request for access to and/or correction of your Personal Data by contacting us at the aforementioned email address.
Retention of Personal Data
Miuvo will retain your Personal Data for the duration of time to carry out the purposes for which your personal data was collected, for the other purposes set out in this policy, for business purposes and as required by relevant laws.
Protection of Personal Data
Miuvo is committed in ensuring that your information is secure and confidential. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have enforced suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect both online and offline.
While security cannot be guaranteed, we strive to protect the security of your information and are constantly reviewing and enhancing our information security measures.
You acknowledge that you are aware of security and privacy limitations, including but not limited to:
1. the limitation of security, privacy and authentication measures and features in our system;
2. that data or information on the Service may be subject to eavesdropping, sniffing, spoofing, forgery, spamming, "impostering", tampering, breaking passwords, harassment, fraud, electronic trespassing, hacking, nuking, system contamination (including, without limitation, viruses, worms and Trojan horses) causing unauthorized, damaging or harmful access and/or retrieval of information and data on your computer;
3. may be subject to other security or privacy hazards; or
4. may not reach its destination or may reach an erroneous address or recipient.
Links to Third Party Sites
Our website may contain links to or references to other web sites that may be accessed or which may originate outside the boundaries of our website and which information Miuvo will have no control. Therefore, Miuvo shall have no obligation or responsibility regarding any content derived, obtained, accessed within through or outside of the Web Site. Miuvo’s inclusion of links to such web sites does not imply any endorsement or verification of the material on such web sites or any association with their operators, and such web sites shall be accessed at the user’s own risk.
Miuvo will not be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
This website requires you to have enabled cookies on your browser in order to tailor the shopping experience and to store information such as a shopping cart.
Governing Law & Jurisdiction
Miuvo makes no representation that the materials, information, functions and/or services provided on this website are appropriate or available for use in jurisdictions other than Singapore.
You agree that, regardless of any law or statute, any claim or cause of action you may have against us must be brought within one year after the claim or cause of action arises or is known or should reasonably have been known to you, or the claim or cause of action will be forever barred.